How To Get Cat Fur Off Clothes
Cats shed A LOT of fur.
And if you wear black clothes you also know that cat fur can show up on your clothing pretty easily. Do you know the feeling?
My cat, Fiona, is a constant shedder. It’s just so hard to keep her hair off my darn clothes! But luckily there’s solutions.
So what’s the best way to get rid of that pesky cat fur?
There are a few different options that you can try, depending on what you have available and how much time you want to spend.
1. One option is to use a lint roller. This is probably the quickest and easiest way to remove cat fur from your clothes. All you need to do is roll the lint roller over the affected area and the fur will come right off.
If you don’t have a lint roller, you can also try using masking tape or duct tape. Just put the sticky side of the tape on your clothing and then peel it off. The fur will come off with the tape.
2. The second option is to use a vacuum cleaner with the hose attachment. Just put the hose over the area where the fur is and turn on the vacuum. The fur will be sucked right into the vacuum cleaner.
3. The third option is to wet your hands and then rub them over the area where the fur is. The fur will stick to your wet hands and then you can just peel it off.
4. The fourth option is to use a lint brush. This is a brush that has special bristles that are designed to remove lint and fur. Just brush the area where the fur is and it will come right off.
5. The fifth and final option is to use a clothes shaver. This is a small handheld device that has a rotating blade. You just run it over the area where the fur is and it will shave it right off.
How To Stop Cat Hair From Sticking To Clothes
The first step is to understand why cat fur sticks to clothes in the first place.
It all has to do with static electricity. When your clothes rub against your cat’s fur, it creates static electricity. This static electricity then causes the fur to stick to your clothes.
The best way to prevent this from happening is to use a static guard spray. You can find a static guard spray on amazon. Just spray it on your clothes before you put them on and it will help to prevent the fur from sticking.
Another option is to use a dryer sheet. Just put one in your pocket or rub one over your clothes before you put them on. The dryer sheet will help to reduce the static electricity and keep the fur from sticking.
If you are already wearing clothes and they are covered in fur, then simply follow the steps from the start of this blog.
How To Get Hair Off Clothes Without A Lint Roller?
If you don’t want to use a lint roller to remove cat hair you’ll like this simple trick. Lightly dampen dishwashing gloves and gently rub them over your clothes. Static is created in this process which will make the hairs stick to the gloves. It’s the simplest way to get cat hair off clothes without a lint roller.